Parent / Student Expectations
Parents/students should conduct themselves in a cordial, respectful manner, and follow all rules/laws when at commuter bus stops, as they often utilize public and private access points.
We must always be mindful of the impact our presence has on the community and the general safety of everyone at the bus stops. Reported parent/student behavior and safety issues/concerns at commuter bus stops will be addressed on a case by case basis and could lead to removal of student bus riding privileges.
Please find below a list of common parent/student infractions:
- Continuously late / delaying departure
- Blocking / stopping bus after departure
- Dropping off or picking up in an unsafe manner
- Obscene gestures/language
The above infractions can easily be avoided by following these 5 simple practices:
- Be at the bus stop 10-15 minutes before the departure and arrival times.
- Please drive safely and use caution when dropping-off or picking up your child at bus stops.
- If you are late to the stop and the bus has departed, please drive your child to campus.
- Parents should not be boarding the bus for any reason.
- Report any issues to the Transportation Department.
Please note that Transportation does not administer or determine consequences regarding parent/student infractions. Transportation’s role is to report safety issues/concerns to the Unit Offices so they may make the appropriate disciplinary decisions.