From KS Policy 254[C]-Transportation Services
Guidelines for Transportation Services
- On KS Campuses, the Transportation Manager/Director is responsible for implementing bus transportation, in consultation and coordination with the Principal or applicable school administrator(s). For all other Education Divisions, the Deans shall be responsible for designating the appropriate official(s) to implement school bus transportation within their respective programs. All requests for service or change of service should be addressed to the Transportation Department.
- All selected students will be issued bus passes for the applicable school year. Students must show their bus pass to the bus driver when boarding and surrender their pass upon request of the driver. Passes are non-transferable, unless authorized by a school official. KS may charge a fee to replace lost, damaged or stolen passes. (See School Bus Procedures)
- If an infraction is observed, the driver shall submit a Student Notice of Concern form to the school’s Transportation Manager or designee who will refer the matter to the Principal or appropriate school administrator for follow-up.
- Students and their parents shall notify the Transportation Department in writing if they decide to discontinue bus transportation prior to the expiration of the school year so that KS may award transportation to the next applicant on the waiting list.
- We are asking all parents/guardians for kōkua at our pick-up and drop-off points. Please do not litter or cause any hazardous conditions for our buses or children by driving unsafely or arriving late to our bus stops.