- Students and their parent/guardian must submit an application and sign the Acknowledgment form for bus transportation and agree to abide by the policies and procedures as set forth in the Student and Parent Handbook
- The Transportation Manager or designee shall establish criteria for the selection of students and may consider various factors as appropriate.
- Students selected for bus service will be issued a temporary bus pass. Temporary passes will be valid only until the KS Student ID is issued to your child. Annotation on the front of the Student ID will indicate authorization for bus service.
- Replacement of lost Student ID will be a charge of $10.00 assessed to the student.
- Bus passes are non-transferable, unless authorized by a school official.
- Students giving their passes for others to board will be removed from the bus roster and privileges may be revoked.
- Any lost and/or found items left on the bus will be turned into the Transportation Office. After 30 days, unclaimed items will be taken to the Thrift Shop located at the KS Bus Terminal on School and Kapālama Street or discarded if rejected by the Thrift Shop.
- Any status changes, or if your child will not require bus service, please inform the Transportation Department in writing and addressed to:
1887 Makuakane Street
Honolulu, HI 96817
- Please be on time at the designated school bus stop in order to keep the bus on schedule. Please do not litter the areas or create any hazardous conditions for our buses and children by driving unsafely or arriving late to the bus stop. Please be considerate of surrounding businesses and their customers.