Overview – KS Kapālama Bus Operations
The school operates buses to transport students from various rural areas on school days. Applications will be available on the Transportation website to all those listed as residing in outlying rural service areas. Applications must be submitted by the deadline date in May. The Transportation Manager or designee shall establish criteria for the selection of students and may consider various factors as appropriate to the particular campus. Priority may be given to students in Grades K-8 who have met the application deadline. All remaining seats are filled by Grades 9-12 students using random selection process. Applications received after the deadline date will be placed on a waitlist status and filled if and when space becomes available (KS Policy 254[C]-Transportation Services). Please remember there is a NON-REFUNDABLE ANNUAL SERVICE FEE for bus service.
What can you expect from the Transportation Department…
- The Mission of the Transportation Department is to help fulfill Pauahi’s Mission by providing safe, efficient, and cost effective transportation services for all of our Kamehameha students, faculty, and staff.
What can you do to help us serve you better…
- Familiarizing yourselves with our procedures
- Following all rules & safety guidelines at bus stops
- Actively participating in monitoring bus stops
- Immediately reporting any issues or concerns to the Transportation Department at (808) 842-8329.