We envision KS Kapālama as a school where all ‘ohana are welcomed, informed, valued for their capabilities and experiences, strengthened in their limitations, and invited to actively engage as contributors. Educators commit to engaging ‘ohana with the education community as active partners through systemic, best-practice engagement strategies, which positively affect student character, well-being and post-high success.
Parents, families, alumni, friends of KS and all members of a student’s personal community who influence students.
Administrators, teachers, staff and all members of the school community who influence students.
To engage ‘ohana with the education community to advance student well-being and success.
- Build positive relationships with KSK ‘ohana and educators (aloha & pilina).
- Collaborate with KS & KSK departments, units, external partners and agencies to provide opportunities for ‘ohana and educators (alu like).
- Connect ‘ohana to KSK via programs, experiences and technology that meet ‘ohana and educator needs.
- Inform ‘ohana accurately and efficiently (kuleana).
- Involve ‘ohana in ways that are meaningful and accessible (alu like).
- Provide ‘ohana education that supports KSK educational goals and ‘ohana needs (‘imi na‘auao & mālama).
- Provide educator training on effective engagement strategies (‘imi na‘auao).
- Recognize and utilize ‘ohana as valuable resources of knowledge, wisdom & experience (laulima).
- Support ‘ohana and educators by responding to all inquiries, concerns and suggestions in a timely manner (mālama).