Application Opens Tuesday, October 1, 2019
How to Apply –
New students only
Are you considered a New student? You may be considered a New student if you meet the following criteria:
- You have not received an award disbursement in the 2019-2020 school year
- You are a new applicant to KS College Scholarships (e.g. Nā Hoʻokama a Pauahi, Hoʻokawowo, Mauō, Imua)
- You received an award disbursement in the 2019-2020 school year and will be changing to a new degree in the 2020-2021 school year (ex. Bachelor’s > Master’s, Master’s > Doctorate). Please note if you are changing from an Associate’s to Bachelor’s or vice versa, you may still be considered a Renewal.
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of the criteria above, then you may qualify as a New student. Follow the instructions below to apply.
Step 1: Complete the CSS Profile
While filling out your CSS Profile application, you will need the following important information:
- Provide your 2018 tax information
- Enter Kamehameha Schools’ CSS Code “0274”
The KS CSS code directs College Board to send your application to KS. KS will not receive your application if CSS school code “0274” is not entered.
- Pay the CSS Application Fee – $25
The following payment methods are accepted:
-Credit cards, debit cards or personal checks
-College Board Fee Waiver
–CSS Fee Payment Code (KS Fee Waiver)
Click Here to go to the CSS Profile
Step 2: Submit KS Net Partner Forms
NOTICE: We will begin processing applications from CSS Profile beginning November 1, 2019. Access to KS Net Partner for students submitting a CSS Profile will begin November 1, 2019.
Once your CSS Profile is received by KS, you will receive an e-mail with your Student Web ID to access KS Net Partner. Please allow 1-3 days after you submit your CSS Profile to receive our email.
Once you have access to KS Net Partner, you will be able to do the following:
1. Submit your KS Certification Statement, KS Affirmation Statement, & Essay Question*
2. Review the status of your required documents.
3. View important messages from our office.
*Essay Question: In 750 characters or less (approx. 350 words), Tell us about the responsibility you have to uplift your community and/or the lahui. Please provide examples of your commitment to fulfill this responsibility.
Click Here to Visit KS Net Partner
Please note that only new applicants are required to submit the KS Certification Statement. If you have received an award disbursement in the 2019-2020 school year, you do not need to submit the KS Certification Statement.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
New applicants are required to submit documents to complete the application. Please carefully read the directions provided below.
A. Please submit copies of the following financial documents to IDOC:
- Signed 2018 federal tax return
- Signed IDOC non-tax filer statement (if applicable)
- All tax schedules
- All 2018 employer-issued W2 statements
Important! The total amount of wages reported on your federal tax return should equal the total amount of employer-issued W2 statements
- All 2018 1099 Forms
Frequently Asked Questions
Financial document copies may be required from individuals in addition to the applicant. Click here to review who we require financial information from.
A IDOC non-tax filer statement is required for individuals who are not required to file a federal tax return. A separate IDOC non-tax filer statment is required for each individual. If you are a dependent student, you do not need to submit a student non-tax filer statement. The IDOC non-tax filer statement form is available online in your IDOC Dashboard. Please print, complete & sign, then submit.
We require a copy of all employer-issued W2 statements to process your application. The IDOC W2 Substitute form is not accepted in place of a IDOC non-tax filer’s statement or employer-issued W2 statement. KS does not require you to submit the IDOC W2 Substitute form.
Signatures are required. We do not accept digital signatures, please physically sign your documents.
Please allow 24 hours after submitting your CSS Profile online application for IDOC access. IDOC will send you an acknowledgement e-mail to after receipt of your CSS Profile online application. Your IDOC ID will be located in the e-mail. To access your IDOC Dashboard, you will need two (2) of the following: Date of Birth, Social Security Number, OR
Important! IDOC requirements are detailed in their e-mail, however, you must adhere to KS program requirements for eligibility consideration. Please contact us with any questions you may have.
Click Here to visit the IDOC website
B. Please submit the following documents to KS Outreach Support Services, if applicable:
1. Court documents (Ward of Court or Legal Adoption)
2. (Optional) 2020-2021 Authorization for Release of Information
|Outreach Support Services|
567 S King St, Suite 102
Honolulu, HI 96813
How to Apply –
Renewal students only
Are you considered an eligible Renewal student? An eligible Renewal student must meet the following criteria:
- Have received an award disbursement in (SY) 2019-2020 prior to 12/31/19
- Expect to graduate after the (SY) 2019-2020
- Meet KS’s maximum funding guidelines
- Be enrolled in the same degree as (SY) 2019-2020*
* Students changing between Associates’ and Bachelors’ degree are eligible
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all criteria above, then you qualify as an eligible Renewal student. Follow the instructions below to apply.
Simplified Application for Renewals
We are pleased to introduce a new way to apply for a school year (SY) 2020-2021 Kamehameha Schools (KS) College Scholarship. This includes the Nā Ho’okama a Pauahi, Ho’okawowo, and Mauō scholarships.
This year, eligible Renewal students can participate in a simplified application process and will not need to submit a CSS Profile or updated financial documents to IDOC.
Step 1: Submit KS Net Partner Form
If you are an eligible Renewal student, you are only required to submit the Renewal Questionnaire form on KS Net Partner.
Follow the steps below:
- Go to KS Net Partner
- Click on Menu, then go to the Forms page
- Complete the online Renewal Questionnaire form, then click Submit (Please submit as soon as possible, in case additional documentation is required.)
For students not considered a Renewal, a CSS Profile and financial documents are required. All applicants must complete the application process before the deadline.
Application Deadline is Friday, January 31, 2020
Application Opens October 1, 2019!
Application deadline is January 31, 2020.
Use Code: 0274 to submit your CSS Profile to Kamehameha Schools.
Go to KS Net Partner!
Complete the Renewal Questionnaire.
This year, eligible Renewal students must submit the Renewal Questionnaire on KS Net Partner. No CSS Profile needed!