When is the online KOIP Intern Application available?
The online application is available January 2, 2019 at 5:00pm HST
How do I apply?
- Review internship sites from the list of participating organizations
- Ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications requested by each of the sites you are interested in (Click on the + sign next to the internship position title to expand the position description)
- Select a maximum of 5 internship positions- Don’t forget to check out our virtual positions too.
- Create a cover letter for each organization and each position that you are applying for
- Provide a current 1-2 page resumé with your contact information, including a valid email address and a phone number
- Provide a current enrollment verification (i.e. unofficial transcript). Please ensure that your document clearly identifies: your name, major and cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- Once you have all documents ready, complete the online Kāpili ‘Oihana Internship Program Intern Application by clicking the top blue box to the right.
The deadline to submit your completed online application and all supporting documents is Thursday, February 28, 2019
Ebrajean Fune, Social Worker,
Kīpuka Hilo Liliʻuokalani Trust – KOIP ’09
J. Hauʻoli Lorenzo-Elarco, Culture & Place-Based Learning Coordinator,
HCC – KOIP ’13
Adam Akamu Poʻoloa, Farm Manager,
Hoʻokuaʻāina – KOIP ’16