- Kipona - 2/28/2013
- Summer School - 2/28/2013
- ʻImi Naʻauao - 3/8/2013
- Na Hoʻokama a Pauahi - 4/22/2013
- KS Preschools - 4/30/2013
- Pauahi Keiki Scholars
Cycle 1 - 4/30/2013
Cycle 2 - 9/30/2013
- KS K-12 - 4/30/2013
2013-2014 Program Changes
As specified by the university
Applicants for this scholarship must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a Hawai'i resident at the time of application submission
- Be a full-time student (non-traditional student enrolled half-time at a Hawai'i institution may be considered for funding. See non-traditional table)
- Be a classified, degree-seeking student at an accredited educational institution in the U.S. as recognized by KS.
- Have financial need as demonstrated by a completed College Scholarship Services CSS/PROFILE online application and KS recognized cost of attendance of your school.
- Meet maximum funding guidelines
If you are a renewal applicant, one who received an award disbursement from the Nā Ho'okama a Pauahi scholarship in the 2012-2013 academic year, make sure that you have complied with all of the requirements listed in the 2012-2013 Nā Ho'okama a Pauahi Terms and Conditions.
KS funds a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degrees for students pursuing:
- Teaching Certificate
- Thesis and Dissertation writings are not covered by KS Scholarship Programs but may be evaluated on an individual case basis.
Nā Ho'okama a Pauahi Scholarships are available for educational institutions accredited by the following regional accrediting organizations:
- Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools – Commission on Higher Education
- Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools – The Higher Learning Commission
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges – Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges – Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges – Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities
Qualified Hawai'i institutions include:
- Argosy University
- Brigham Young University, Hawai'i campus
- Chaminade University of Honolulu
- Hawai'i Pacific University
- Heald College
- National University, Hawai'i campus only (National Board Certification for Teachers Program only)
- University of Hawai'i campuses and affiliated community colleges
- University of Phoenix, Hawai'i campus only
- New Hope Christian College Hawai'i and Oregon campuses only
Although financial need is the primary consideration in awarding this scholarship, KS also gives special consideration to applicants pursuing designated majors.
Designated Area of Study
KS considers all majors in its awarding process. However, special consideration is given to applicants pursuing majors identified by KS. These majors are reviewed annually and may change from year to year
To be considered a Non-Traditional Student refer to the Non-Traditional Table and submit documentation confirming your non-traditional status. Students who are deemed non-traditional are allowed for half-time enrollment. If there is a change in enrollment status, the original award amount may decrease, but will not increase.
Ready to Apply?