Aloha! Welcome to the Kāpili ʻOihana Internship Program site. We invite you to view our program video highlights below. Kāpili ʻOhana provides college students with opportunities to apply academic experience in a real world environment, meet and learn from professionals in their field of interest, develop skills and competencies, build a network of contacts, and increase their potential to secure a career of their choosing.
What is the Kāpili ʻOihana Internship Program (KOIP)?
KOIP is a statewide summer college internship program. Participating internship sites offer college students with opportunities to develop new skills and competencies, meet and learn from professionals in their field of interest, build a network of contacts, and increase their hiring potential upon graduation.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Must be at least 18 years old at the time of application
- Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking student in an accredited college program
- Must apply for internship opportunities that are related to chosen major with participating KOIP sites
- Commitment of at least 120 hours over a 14-week period
- Cumulative 2.5 GPA
How do I apply? Click on the application process link on the bottom of this page for details on applying to the program.
(pictured above: 2016 Kyo-ya Hotels and Resorts interns)
Important dates and information
- Available sites will be posted to our website on Monday, February 1, 2017
- Student Recruitment Period: February 1, 2017 - February 28, 2017
- Time commitment over a 14-week period (May 22nd- August 25th) *note: official start and end date are flexible within the 14 week time period depending on your final placement and availability.
- Part-Time (PT) status is at least 120 hours or Full-Time (FT) status is at least 240 hours
Kāpili ʻOihana Internship Application and Resources:
|KOIP_Timeline_Summer 2017_REVISED.pdf||14.09 KB|
|Site Handbook Acknowledgement Form SU17.pdf||208.31 KB|
|Student Handbook Acknowledgement Form SU17.pdf||208.44 KB|