- TNC Kaua‘i Internship (click here for position description)
- TNC O‘ahu Internship (click here for position description)
- TNC Maui Internship (click here for position description)
The Extended Internship Program is designed for individuals who are looking for an intensive entry-level experience in preparation for a career in the conservation field. In the Extended Internship Program, individuals work at a single worksite/agency that best matches the individual’s interests.
- Receive a $1,300 monthly living allowance (subject to taxes) and a $5,645 Education Award (similar to a scholarship) towards higher education
- Opportunity for interest earned on certain educational loans (during the internship term) to be paid for by AmeriCorps
- Complete over 1700 hours of environmental community service
- Health care and childcare benefits (if eligible)
- Receive an in-depth entry-level environmental education/experience from an environmental agency that interests you
- Develop a strong relationship and work side-by-side with a single site manager for 11 months
- Help protect Hawaii’s natural resources and make a positive impact in your community!
Interns will ideally start December 1st, 2014 and end by October 17th, 2015 (approximately 11 months).
- Must be at least 18 years of age (or 17 with a high school diploma) by October 2014
- Must possess/be working towards high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have own housing and transportation
- Must pass a background check
- Must meet the necessary physical and behavioral requirements
Make-A-Wish Hawaii offers several internships that provide on-the-job training as well as a chance to impact the lives of children with life-threatening medical conditions within our local community. We welcome current students and recent graduates to apply. To apply for an internship, potential candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: Kari Bogner, Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (808) 536-5566. No phone calls please.
For more information visit
- Advancing Hawaii college students into science and technology careers.
- Please click here to download an application.