The purpose of registered apprenticeship programs is to enable employers to develop and apply industry standards to training programs for registered apprentices that can increase productivity and improve the quality of the workforce. Apprentices who complete registered apprenticeship programs are accepted by the industry as journeymen. By providing on-the-job training, related classroom instruction, and guaranteed wage structures, employers who sponsor apprentices provide incentives to attract and retain more highly qualified employees and improve productivity. Certifications earned through registered apprenticeship programs are recognized nationwide.
Benefits to the Apprentice
- Receiving related instruction to supplement on-the-job training;
- Earning while learning;
- Receiving formal on-the-job training from a qualified worker;
- Receiving regular pay increases as job skills increase;
- Acquiring a skill allowing the apprentice to compete more effectively in the labor market.
Career Services available to interested candidates:
- Letter of Recommendation guidance
- Resumé development/review
- Mock interview
Please download the PDF document below to view Apprenticeship Opportunities:
|Statewide Apprenticeship Programs.pdf||75.91 KB|